I’m Sam Thurlby-Brooks. I’m a specialist in pregnancy, birth and postnatal massage, a BirthWorks Childbirth Educator and a Birth Doula. I’m passionate about people sleeping in the right position, so they can relieve pain and wake up feeling refreshed and revitalised.
So, I created the Original Mumanu pregnancy pillow to help the thousands of pregnant women and other people I treat for lower back and hip pain.
Before hitting the market, the Original Mumanu pregnancy pillow was tested by more than 1,500 pregnant women with 96% finding it more comfortable than before… so we know you’ll love it too. (I’ve been using mine for over five years!)
Creator and Managing Director, Mumanu Pregnancy Pillow
- Philosophy BA Hons Degree from Reading University, UK (1998-2001)
- Therapeutic & holistic massage training at The Oxford School of Massage, UK (2001-2002)
- Advanced specialist pregnancy massage training with Carole Osborne Sheets (2005)
- Trained doula (birth partner) with famous obstetrician Dr Michel Odent (2006)
- Spokesperson including articles here. I’ve also been published a couple of times in the award winning OHbaby! Magazine
- Set up Doula NZ, an organisation that supports and represents doulas across New Zealand (2012)
- Former Bella Mama pregnancy massage therapist for 5.5 years and franchisee owner in Mt Eden for two of those years (2007-2012)
- Private massage service from home (2011 to date) www.joyfulchildbirth.co.nz
- Qualified Hypnobirthing Instructor and studied the Yoga Academy’s Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Programme (2009)
- Co-author of the Svastha NZ Pregnancy Yoga Teacher Training Course Theory
- Certified BirthWorks International Childbirth Educator (the first person to do so outside the USA) (2009-2013)
- BirthWorks Ambassador of the Year Award 2012